Saturday, March 31, 2012

Moving Right Along.

I just realized I didn't put up another update from my last doctor appointment.  Not that there really is anything to report so this will just be a quick run down of the "normalcy" of my sixth pregnancy.  Sixth pregnancy.  Man I love the sound of that!

Okay, so weigh in was very surprising.  A total of 8 lbs gained.  Blood pressure was good at 137/73 and heart beat was a strong 140 (I think... I forgot to write it down).  I've been having some minor swelling in my ankles and hands.  That's when I know I haven't been drinking enough and increase it the next day.  I was just mentioning it to hubby last night that it is no wonder I get up 3-4 times a night to use the toilet.  I drink all day then after each break at night I grab a couple gulps before crawling back into bed.  However I firmly believe that the water and trying to stay relatively active (cleaning house and taking kids to the park occasionally is about all I can handle) is what is keeping my blood pressure down.  This in turn will aid in avoiding another induction.  

And for your viewing pleasure, me at 30 weeks.
So he told me to come back in 3 weeks to get on track for the 2 week visits then weekly.  So my next apt is next week Thursday with the other doctor in the office.  I haven't seen him yet for the pregnancy.  You never know who is on call the day you deliver, so I have to see both physicians.  I can't complain though because it is a whole lot better than the office I went to in Orlando where there were 5 OB doctors and you were required to see them all for the same reason.  Anyway, we are in the home stretch.  About 10 weeks to go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment