Thursday, May 17, 2012

37 Weeks and Going Strong.

Today marked 37 +1 in my pregnancy.  Can I just say time seems to go slower and s.l.o.w.e.r and s . l . o . w . e . r  as I get closer to my due date?  I have just received the last of my items I need for baby to come.  I ordered some reusable nursing pads from Figgy Fuzz Baby Botique.  I am so excited to use them too.  They are made from amazingly soft bamboo.  When those are washed and ready to go, my bag will be complete.  However, I'm actually having a hard time deciding if I want to take all my newborn diapers with me.  Such a hard decision huh?  

37 +1
I walk into the clinic and meet another pregnant mom waiting to be seen.  We begin talking and she is on her second pregnancy, due May 21st.  When she said that I was almost surprised!  She was so tiny!  She had such a beautiful little belly that I really thought she meant June 21st.  I was just a tad bit jealous at the size of her little tummy.  

So anyway, on to my appointment.  I met a new nurse and she was very nice.  I gained another 2 lbs (boo), but my bp was great at 123/78.  I get to the room and have enough time to have a little cat nap.  One of the things I kind of like about having to go in for an appointment.  It gives me 5-10 minutes of quiet alone time.  

Everything about today was super routine.  I must be measuring ahead still because when Dr. V measured, he said, "You're ready to go huh?" Uh, yeah, I am totally ready to go, but I will definitely wait until baby is ready. But you know, part of me hopes that that extra measurement and 2 lbs gained is more on me and not the baby.  I know I can deliver big babies, but just how big is too big for me?  Heartbeat was strong at 140.  

And here is the good news.  Group B was *drum roll* NEGATIVE!!  WOHOO!!!  So my next question to him was about the IV.  And the answer was music to my ears.  He said we will still put the iv in, but not have it hooked.  Depending on how quick I go, they may give me a little fluid in the beginning, but then if he is the attending then he would be okay with disconnecting it while I labor.  Oh my, I am so glad to hear this.  And he said he is pretty sure that Dr. O will be willing to do the same.  So, I see Dr. O next week and will ask him then too just to make sure.  

When I came home I told my husband, well good news is my Group B was negative.  He was really happy for that too.  But then he asked what the bad news was, and while I didn't really have any, my response, "Um, I'm still pregnant!"       

No comments:

Post a Comment