Saturday, March 31, 2012

Forgive Me Dear Vinegar and Baking Soda.

I have totally discounted the power and ease of using vinegar and baking soda.  "Well duh," you may say, and I would totally deserve it.  I have read hundreds of blogs and facebook posts about people using the all powerful and magical solution of water, vinegar, and baking soda in their homes and I poo-poo'd it for quite some time.  I've tried it (sort of) at my mother's house and at my own, but I really didn't see the power in it.  However, I think it is because the strength of my solution was not right.  I don't think I was using enough vinegar.  

Anyway, I came across a wonderful blog (shared via facebook) on The Top Green Cleaning Tips and I think my eyes have finally been opened.  This blog is a must read for anyone searching for an alternative to store bought cleaners.  

Anyone ever watch the British show How Clean Is Your House?  I loved their tips, but I could never remember them.  However, I do remember that they always shouted the praise of baking soda and vinegar when it came to hard water build up on sinks and faucets.  Now, thanks to the beautiful world of the internet and my beloved bookmarks (side note: If I ever lose my bookmarks I think I would totally have a breakdown.  They have been my lifeline in many circumstances.) I am going to implement these in my house.  I have been really dreading cleaning, especially scrubbing the bathtub because I just can't stand the smell of chemical store bought cleaners; especially now that I am pregnant.  And if you see my shower you will know that it is in dire need of a good scrubbing. 

So, I will scratch the floor cleaner off my shopping list (*cha-ching* saved some money there) and I'll dust off the big, poor neglected bottle of vinegar on my detergent shelf.  The question is whether I should just use up the cleaners I have under my sink and then use the natural cleaners, or just jump right in.      

No comments:

Post a Comment