Tuesday, February 28, 2012

What's In A Diaper?

So I was going through all my bookmarks on my computer (a little housecleaning) and I came across a great post at Peaceful Parenting on the ingredients used in disposable diapers.  With our fourth child, she would have diaper rash all the time.  Her bottom was so raw with big sores that would never heal.  I would slather on all different kinds of diaper creams to no avail.  After more than enough crying and screaming with every change, I decided to go 100% cloth with her.  The change happened in just a couple days.  Her skin healed without creams and ointments.  Her skin healed by ditching the disposable diapers and wipes.  There is nothing better than water on a wash cloth and a cotton prefold to keep sensitive skin healthy.  

This article is worth a read especially if you are just starting to learn about cloth diapers and need that final nudge to make the commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment