Wednesday, February 8, 2012

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

The banner is flying, the flags are waving, horns are trumpeting and the villagers are dancing in the streets.  The elusive and deadly ammonia monster has finally been slain.  *cue happy dance*  

It only took one soaking for my microfiber inserts to come out smelling clean.  I have sniffed every peed in insert so far and all I smell is urine.  Imagine that!  It took a little more work with my flats and prefolds, but I knew I could get my inserts clean.  What I did do though, is wash my covers separately from the inserts.  I didn't want to douse my covers in bleach (inserts are a bit tougher) so I simply washed them with a bit of Tide liquid (I was out of homemade detergent-yea for back up!) and dried them on low in the dryer.  I'm a bit impatient when it comes to my covers drying.  Anyway, I then threw the inserts into the washer with Tide liquid and hot water on a heavy wash setting.  I put them in the dryer on medium heat.  Stuff, fold and viola they are ready to be used.

Yesterday afternoon and now this morning I have been using them and there is no smell to them at all except for the two poopy diapers I've already changed on my son.  You don't know (well some may) how good this makes me feel.  I really was getting to the point of calling it quits.  A simple change in routine, rather than a complete revamping of routine, has solved the problem.  Now bring on baby #6 so I can continue on the fluffy goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment