Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Another Dr Visit, but I'm Losing My Mind.

I had my next doctors appointment last week.  We scheduled my glucose test so I pretty spent most of the morning in the clinic.  I had a good book with me, but the office was bustling because there was also a health fair going on where people could come in for blood work for a minimal price.  Anyway, I chugged my drink and waited for the hour.  During that time, two nurses came to get me to watch some videos.  For the last two children I declined because I had seen them already and honestly there is nothing in the videos that I don't already know.  Well anyway, they had some new ones and I was to watch them.  I respectfully declined, but I think I surprised one nurse.  I don't think she was expecting to hear a no.  Anyway, I had to sign a paper stating I was declining the video. The videos were about newborn screening, vaccines, and shaken baby.  

Me at 23 weeks.
So after a bit they took me back.  The highlight of the day was when I stepped onto that scale.  That's right.  I was happy to see that number.  It was the same as it was four weeks prior.  To date, I have gained only 5 pounds.  My bp was a bit high 142/75 but after 5 minutes or so the nurse took it again and it was 125/74, so that was better.  The doctor came in and here is where I realized I have totally lost my mind.  He sat down looked at my chart and he said that we are at week 25.  Really?  I said I thought it was more like 27 weeks.  Um nope.  That day marked the first day of week 25.  And here I had been telling everyone that I was at 27 weeks!  Now, that's just two weeks difference, but two weeks means a lot when it comes to a growing baby in the womb!  I'm just hoping that we did not do the glucose test too soon.  Heartbeat was fantastic at 159.


So now we wait another 4 weeks when I will be 29 weeks.  Dude, I really feel like this pregnancy is just crawling!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment