Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flats Challenge Part 4


Day 6
Well I still didn’t wash diapers, so I guess I failed.  I still used my flat and covers today; well that’s not entirely true.  I used some of my prefolds too.  I like diversity.  I was honestly starting to get bored with using just flats.  If I had just flats in my stash, I’d have to get more covers to spice things up a bit.  Anyway, we were so busy from the minute we got up trying to get this house in order for the family BBQ.  We had 19 people here and with all the last minute cleaning and cooking, I was doing good just to make sure the kids were in dry diapers.  However, I did get the chance again to show them all my diapers in stock for my store and we talked about the business and cloth diapers for a while. 

Day 7
Well I’m done.  I threw my pail of dirty flats and used covers into the washer.  Now I know the challenge doesn’t end until this evening, but after yesterday I’m done.  It was nice to be able to shove all that into the machine and let it do its own thing.  I still have a few more that will need to be re-washed from this week.  Over all it was a good experience.  It made me realize that though I may be a cloth diaper fanatic, I must have my washer to make it happen.  However, if circumstances change and I am without my machine, I will be sure to have some sort of tool to help me with it.  I enjoy hanging my diapers.  It’s nicer to have the sun out to do that, but seeing them on the racks in the house is nice too.      

No comments:

Post a Comment