Friday, November 18, 2011

"Dating" Ultrasound.

This morning I had my "dating" ultrasound.  Our office likes to do an early ultrasound to "confirm" dates that they calculate from the LMP (Last Menstrual Period).  So, my feelings of the ultrasound started yesterday being quite excited about it.  I never rest easy until I either see or hear that heartbeat.  However, fear (a strong fear) has something that has plagued me since I found out I was pregnant.  Anyway, I had a horrible dream last night that I was bleeding and that my husband had an, "eh whatever" response to it.  Thankfully he had a much better dream that we had a beautiful baby girl.  Back to the ultrasound.  It only took 30 min to do, and the picture was beautiful.  We definitely have a healthy little baby growing.  It even flipped positions while the tech was working.  Heartbeat is 158 and we are measuring around 12 weeks (today I am 11 weeks and 1 day).  Now I don't put too much weight on ultrasound measurements (as far as dates go) because they can be quite off.  That said, I'd much rather have it be measuring ahead than a week or so behind.  So now I can rest for a while until the next irrational fear pops in my head.  My next appointment is in about 3 weeks.  Now I know why many moms call their babies "peanut".  It really does look like a peanut! 

1 comment: