Friday, December 9, 2011

Routine, routine, routine.

Routine.  That is the perfect word that described my visit Wednesday.  Blood pressure checked and good (which I am happy about because I get pregnancy induced hypertension with all my pregnancies so far).  Weight checked; actually lost a pound!  I could stand to lose a few more, but as long as there is no gain yet, I'm happy.  The appointment marked 14 weeks.  WOW!  I again was surprised to hear that.  My brain cannot keep up with the timeline.   

Okay, so doctor waltzes in and does his normal greetings.  Asked if I have any concerns; nope.  Then he said, "You probably could tell me what to do."  HA!  That made me laugh.  Pretty much.  I've done this enough I really know what to expect.  With that said, we listened for the heartbeat.  What a wonderful sound.  Now that NEVER gets old.  

Up next on the agenda is a quad screening blood test.  I know lots of moms deny these tests, but I am a planner.  I like to know everything going on.  I know there is the whole risk of negative results, but being a planner, if something is wrong, I need to know.  So this is to be done between 16-18 weeks and so the next appointment is on the 28th which puts me right at 17 weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment