Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Half Way There.

Today marked my 21 week OB visit.  And once again my doctor laughed and asked me what he should be doing.  After all this is my fourth baby with them since '08 and it is my sixth child!  Yeah, made me laugh too.  

It was a very good visit though.  No mention of, "let's just keep an eye on your weight" though I will proudly announce that I have only gained 5 pounds in 21 weeks!!!  My blood pressure is great.  Though I did learn something new.  He said that the blood pressure going down a bit in the early stages of pregnancy and then coming up is physiologically normal.  I just figured that when I get pregnant mine just steadily climbs.  Baby's heartbeat was wonderful, though the little bean was feisty.  Baby gave three good thumps at the doppler wand and made the doctor work at finding the heartbeat which was in the 140s.  One of the thumps was hard enough that I felt it on the outside at the top of my belly!  That was one strong kick because I have plenty of padding up there!  

I have not yet had my ultrasound done yet because the machine has not been working right.  However, I just got a call and it is scheduled for Thursday morning at 11am.  WOW!  I am so stinking excited!!!  Hearing the heartbeat, that first ultrasound, and the anatomy ultrasound NEVER get old. 

2 comments: