Friday, January 27, 2012

The Exciting Ultrasound.

Yesterday I had that long awaited anatomy ultrasound.  I think I will just get right down to it.  I've mentioned it before, but seeing your child on that screen NEVER gets old.  What an amazing joy.  I could see the facial features, arms, legs, hands and feet.  Oh and not to mention that bold image of the spine and detailed picture of the heart.  The heart is what amazed me the most.  The tech had enlarged the image and there we saw the perfectly formed heart with the four chambers and you could see the valves pumping and the blood flow.  Truly amazing.  Baby is said to be quite healthy.  My dates are pretty much the same.  By LMP my edd is June 7 and by ultrasound my edd is May 31st, so in my book, I will stick with my "early June" answer.  

So now the long awaited answer.  We are having another BOY!  And let me tell you, there was no hiding it too!  It was very obvious that we are having a boy.  Many people already know, except for the oldest two kids.  They want to be surprised, but I'm not sure it will be kept for the next 20 or so weeks.  Did you also know that it is very difficult to explain to a 3 year old that the 2D images in the black and white picture is a little brother?  She tried to set me straight that it was a girl, but I eventually convinced her with his picture.  

So now the naming begins.  We were all prepared for a girl (and I even have girly diapers, thankfully they are fitteds so they can easily be covered by boyish covers), but I guess that name will have to wait. 

5 comments:

  1. congrats nicole! so awesome to hear the good boy news! i am sooooooo pumped for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what? what? oh this is soooo exciting! i cannot believe you are already far enough along to know what you are having! what an amazing blessing!!! i must admit im kind of sad you wont be able to use that baby girl name we talked about ;) i really really love it~guess you'lljust have to have more babies in the future! :) cannot wait to see this new little dente baby! and hear its name! we need to get together sometime! ill have to come visit you and swamp your house with my kids :) thisis amy by the way if you hadnt gathered that! oh im so excited i cannot believe you are having another boy! i want a little boy too but i guess i have to wait my turn for baby having. lol ill happily work on it though. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amy!!! I thought you dropped of the map! lol I would LOVE to have your crew here. Please anytime. Send me an e-mail or call me.

      Yes, I am a bit over 26 weeks. I feel like 35 weeks to be honest. Thank you for sharing your excitement with me. We are all so pumped for the arrival of this little man. Oh, and yeah, I was totally bummed and shocked that it was a boy. I was so hoping to use our girl name, but that is not what God planned. So I will file it away and maybe next time!

      Delete