Saturday, October 13, 2012

Washer Maintenance Revisited

Awhile back I did a little write up about cleaning your washing machine and the importance of washer maintenance.  Okay, well it really wasn't an actual write up about how to do it, but rather my thoughts on it.  I did, however, link to some great blogs about how to do it.  So if you are interested you can look into them yourself.  


Anyway, since that post, I have come into possession of a new washer and dryer.  Once again, I love my machines.  The only draw back is that with their incredible gigantic load capacity, I feel like I can never keep up on folding the laundry.  Washing laundry, no problem; folding laundry, Mount Washmore cascading in my living room.  

Okay, so my point of this post is to inform all of you who were waiting on pins and needles that I did indeed invest in Affresh and have been using it clean my washing machine.  I'm all about promoting products I believe in (thus my ownership of a cloth diaper/baby boutique store), and Affresh is definitely one that I believe in.

I've been trying hard to stay on top of cleaning my washer.  I like to do it once a month at the beginning of the month.  I do this because I know there is a lot if ickiness that runs through my machine.  And with it being a FL HE machine, I know there is not a lot of water running through it, so buildup is going to happen.  Fortunately, my machines are a new model so I do have a very convenient setting "Clean Washer with Affresh" (Whirlpool isn't bashful in product promotion either).  I simply toss in the cleaning disc, set machine and press Start.  In just over an hour the machine is clean.  Easy peasy.  

If you don't have that function, simply toss in the machine, set on "Normal" and hot water and ba-bam, off you go. 

Now there is a blog maybe it was even from Pintrest which went over how to use bleach and/or vinegar to clean you machine.  I had it bookmarked at one point in time, but with the death of my previous computer I no longer have it marked.  So, I'm sure if you set out to find something of the sort, you can come across some great blogs explaining how to clean your machine if you don't want to buy Affresh.  Personally, with as simple as throwing in a tab of Affresh can be, I'll be happy to bypass the various steps of using bleach.     

No comments:

Post a Comment